Dr. Reid endeavors to catalyze systems change to dramatically increase the representation and success of people of color in academia and industry, and to produce more inclusive schools and workplaces. Putting these ideas in writing to influence thought leaders and policymakers is key to fulfilling that strategy. Writing also helps to structure your ideas. A supervisor once told him that writing is an effective tool for organizing your thoughts!
Here are a few recent articles and news segments in which Dr. Reid was interviewed or has authored. As always, he welcomes your comments and feedback! #GrowthMindset
- Generation STEM Podcast: The Generation STEM team is on fire with back-to-back weeks of episodes! On this episode, Kevin and Ryan had the opportunity to chat with the Executive Director of the National Society of Black Engineers, Dr. Karl Reid. Tune in to hear:
- Karl’s personal experience as a Black man in the STEM world
- His personal experiences that drove him to become involved with NSBE
- The mission of the National Society of Black Engineers
- How NSBE champions minorities in engineering
- How the BLM movement has affected and emboldened their mission
- Why it’s important for all people in engineering to support NSBE
All this and more, on Generation STEM!
This podcast is powered by Black & Veatch